Our aim is to develop a global network of innovation and excellence around liquid air in the energy and transport sectors for which LAEN will act as the hub:
- to stimulate collaboration between stakeholders (academia, commerce, industry and government; as well as users and suppliers of energy);
- to provide both a public and members only central ‘go to’ library and data room;
- where new ideas are demonstrated and shared in real-time;
- to promote the liquid air solution to the research community, energy producers, manufacturers, customers, funding bodies and those in positions of influence.
General services provided to members will include
- data-base maintenance and easy to use reference library of relevant papers, reports and background information.
- regular topic specific briefing notes.
- detailed market driven reports.
- conferences, seminars and workshops.
- news and briefing.
- active website with member profiling and networking.
Specific Areas of Action
Market feasibilty analysis and studies
With both a network of technology developers, research centres, extensive application understanding, techno-economic modeling data, and an extensive library, LAEN and its members are the only institutions positioned to support the assessment and understanding the potential value of liquid air within any scenario. These can range from policy teams; energy suppliers or potential users; potential OEM or supply chain, or the investment community. We are actively looking to share this opportunity with founding members.
LAEN intends to generate new engagement and deliver commercial or research projects back to its members who will be best placed to deliver the aim of propagating Liquid Air around the globe.
One of LAEN’s key tasks will be to scope and lobby for funding and procurement programmes; and, over time, look to ensure the awareness and inclusion of liquid air in grant funding strategies.
LAEN will engage with academic, funding body and government communities to improve understanding of the potential for liquid air energy.